Encinitas, CA 92024
Phone: (877) 836-9728
At Oasis MD in Encinitas, California, Dr. James J. Chao provides top-tier plastic surgery to the greater San Diego area. Choose Dr. Chao for breast augmentations, fat transfers, body-jet liposuction, Brazilian butt lifts, and other procedures. As a board-certified plastic surgeon with over 18 years of experience, Dr. Chao has built a reputation for in-depth consultations, outstanding surgical results, and premium aftercare. Dr. Chao also specializes in anti-aging results that appear natural.
Dr. Chao began his education at Stanford University, where he earned degrees in both Microbiology and Psychology. Dr. Chao received his medical degree plus a Ph.D from the University of Miami School of Medicine. He also has a Master’s in Microbiology and an MD degree in Medical Science Training from New York University School of Medicine. Dr. Chao’s post-graduate training consisted of two residencies and a fellowship at NYU Medical Center as well as a residency at the Manhattan Eye Ear Throat Hospital. Today, Dr. Chao spends his time as a Professor of Plastic Surgery at the University of California at San Diego and as lead plastic surgeon at Oasis MD in Encinitas.
Dr. Chao and his staff enjoy meeting with patients from Encinitas, Escondido, El Cajon, Chula Vista, Temecula, La Jolla, and the greater San Diego area. Contact our representatives now to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Chao.
Stanford University, Stanford, CA
B.A. – Psychology
B.S. – Biology
University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL
Combined M.D. / Ph. D Program
New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
M.S. – Microbiology
M.D. – Medical Scientist Training Program
General Surgery Residency
NYU Medical Center and Bellevue Hospital Center, New York, NY
Plastic Surgery Residency
Manhattan Eye Ear Throat Hospital, New York, NY
Chief Resident of Plastic Surgery
NYU Medical Center, New York, NY
Hand Surgery Fellowship
- 1980-1984 - Heritage Fund Scholarship, Stanford University
- 1989 – Iron Arrow Award, University of Miami
- 1997 - 1st place Resident’s Research Award, New York Regional Society for Plastic Surgery
- 2000 – UTSW Plastic Surgery Education Award
- 2008 – Fresh Start Surgical Gifts, Health Hero Award
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Research Council
- American College of Surgeons
- Assistant Professor, Director of Hand and Micro Surgery. Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Texas.
- Associate Professor. Division of Plastic Surgery, University of California at San Diego.
- Professor. Division of Plastic Surgery, University of California at San Diego.
Dr. James J. Chao, FACS - Encinitas performs the following procedures: